Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Quesy and Uneasy

Not feeling so great. I think I'm about 8 weeks into it but I'm still not convinced. Let me take that back. I know that I am but 15% of these things don't finish with a prize at the end. I find out Wednesday early AM if there's a real chance or not.

It's always hard to try and figure out when to mention something like this. My newborn job is well, just too new. I don't feel comfortable there, established. Actually, with the events of last week, I feel like I've received a cosmic sign or two that I should cut my loses and flee!

With very few women in the industry (software), especially in any high level positions, I don't feel comfortable mentioning things until 1) I'm absolutely certain. 2) I know the gender. Everybody asks, no point in telling anyone until you can answer that question.

For all you working mommies or soon-to-be mommies out there, I salute your ability to shower and show up even if you want to barf your guts out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home