Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween in the Suburbs

Having a toddler on Halloween is just too damn cute. We watched our son stumble around in a monkey costume. It had a lot of padding to help cushion his falls but watching him pick himself up with butt in the air is really funny. No candy for him. Just a quick trip around the block to say hi to our neighbors.

I hated to leave San Francisco. I'm really not into the suburbs but my husband refuses to live in a city. He'd like to secluded away where he can't see neighbors. I think of remote areas as scary and isolated. Where will your kids go trick-o-treating? What if you need to visit the emergency room?

The suburbs where we live is a good compromise. And we love our neighbors. No ridiculous type-A personalities. Just down to earth folks who like to work on their own homes and aren't strangers to tools. I can't ask for better neighbors.

Which brings me to an interesting dilemma. Buy or Build? Now with baby number two on the way, our already small house will officially be too small. We love our neighbors. So moving to a bigger house in a "better" neighborhood where I risk having scary neighbors who compete for the best salad at the annual blockparty...*shutter* That was my vision of the suburbs for a long time. But you can only build so much and I don't know if our little blot of land (yes, I mean blot) can sustain a big house without sacrificing our small patch of green grass. We do have a dog after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home