Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Saturday, November 11, 2006

WFH on Saturdays

It's common practise for software engineers to work from home on Saturdays. But also as a mommy, I work from home whenever daycare has a holiday like Veteran's Day. Basically, this means squeezing in phone meetings during naps and mealtimes when I know that my son doesn't need my full attention. It actually works out ok as long as your coworkers don't mind IM and the telephone. We actually used wiki to visually sync up though wiki can't compete with a white board if you need to draw a diagram.

On this rainy Saturday morning, I blew off playgroup (bad mommy) and jumped on my computer before my son woke up. Big mistake. Now I'm sucked into the online discussion threads about the latest build breaks and db problems. Sometimes I can't help but find work speak engaging. Even if what I really need to do is get a haircut and finish some much-needed laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home