Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Monday, November 13, 2006

Big Bowl of Sherbert

Going grocery shopping when you have cravings is just asking for trouble. I have now just finished a big bowl of Berry Rainbow sherbert with 7up. My idea of pregnancy punch without the vodka. I needed this sweet treat after my day of meetings and tough decisions.

I basically find myself in a position where I have an offer from a very small startup with a very cool consumer facing website. The problem is naughty me. What am I doing with an offer if I've only been at my current job for less than 6 months? I didn't mean to stray. I didn't mean to wander. But their website was so pretty.

Call me frivilous but I'm not going to lie and say looks don't matter. If you are building a consumer facing website, you better give a damn about the appearence and usability of your website. As you can tell, not only does it attract consumers, it attracts potential talent to your company as an enticing product to work on.

But now I have this dilema of "should I stay or should I go?" Actually, I tried to turn down the offer. I sort of feel like I can't leave my current position and the people that I effect and support on a daily basis. But I didn't know that a company could refuse to take no for an answer. They basically said, "Let's talk tomorrow." Will one night of sleep really change my mind? I'm not sure but I guess I'll know tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home