Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Waiting....Any Moment Now

I'm waiting for either my bag of waters to break or serious active contractions. I think I only have a couple hours more to go....

Yesterday morning, my OB checked me. 3-4cm and 70%. Then she did the "thing". Strips my membrane. She did that the last time. I remember wanting to smack her because it hurt. She gave me one look at said when her OB did that to her, she wanted to punch her. My OB gets it. She's had two kids.

As predicted, non-active labor contractions started about a day later.

Since 4am, I've been having these contractions, nothing serious yet. And I lost my mucus plug at 11:30am. This is just like last time. Except this time, I know what's coming and I've decided to make my last checkin well before my bag of waters breaks and true active labor starts. Last time, I was dumb and I continued to progress at home, sitting on the couch, working remotely. Yeah, yeah, well how was I supposed to know that I would only labor 4 hours?

This time I know. And I'm sort of going stir crazy. I think I'll "work" but not let anyone know. I'm bored sitting here just waiting for things to progress. And there is only so much online shopping and reading mommy blogs this coder-girl can do without going bonkers.

Don't worry. I won't check anything in....I'll wait til AFTER I come home from the hospital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home