Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Saturday, May 12, 2007

In Love with Son(s)

OK, 37 weeks and in a matter of days, I'll have another little baby boy. When I was pregnant with my first son, I was terrified. Growing up with just a sister, I didn't know anything about boys. My husband grew up in a family of three boys. How did we ever get together? Or stay together? Here's a great example of boy behaviour vs. girl behaviour.

One morning after having a semi-humorous debate that I won, I went to take a shower. In the middle of my cozy morning shower, the door opens and I am doused with a cup of COLD water. Who does that kind of thing to express themselves? Boys.

I read this collection of essays called "It's a Boy". It was good to read that other moms had the same sort of fearful reaction about raising someone of the opposite gender. Now that I have a loving little boy, I'm more terrified of having a girl.

It's a mystery to me why my son prefers to snuggle me and wants me and sometimes just refuses his daddy. My husband is GREAT with him and very loving and cuddly and plays with my son all the time. But still, my snuggly guys wants his mommy. And I have to admit as I blog while he's still asleep, I miss him already and can't wait til he wakes up, cranky but totally needing his mommy snuggles. Oh, I hear him! Better run!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home