Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

No Fever Today

Hooray! After a terrible weekend of sick toddler who only will sleep when mommy is holding him and STANDING, my kiddos fever finally broke! I see the end in sight of my sleepless nights and worry.

In the meantime, work politics and defensive coworkers has brought down my morale. Love the tech stuff, the actual coding. But there is nothing like office politics to just derail your love of work. I'm hoping that my wonderful manager (he truly is amazing) will figure out the right thing to do and make everything better. Don't get me wrong, no one did anything wrong and I didn't offend anyone directly. But I am a proponent of post mortems and if you've ever been a part of one, you know that sometimes when outting everyones thoughts about the previous release, it starts off as a bitch session but usually the whole process results in something positive. But for folks who have never done one before, some people can't see beyond the bitching to understand that there is a positive process happening here.

I think I'm worried about my pregnancy. I feel like I'm not gaining as much weight. I gained more than 50 pounds the last time which is OK since I'm not very big and I might have been a little underweight since my wedding was just shortly before and I was hella-skinny for that. I just hope I don't have gestational diabetes. I didn't the first time but this pregnancy, my life is just more stressful and I'm not sure I'm eating as well as I should be. (Or as regularly.) And I'm certainly not sleeping as much.

But life is good and I feel great now that my kiddo is feeling better. His happiness really makes my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home