Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Friday, January 12, 2007

Sunshine in the midst of Black Clouds

Let's see. Saturday started with a patch candidate build break (JSP grew too large and could not pass precompilation, ugh!). Had to miss a christening which made me sad since there aren't that many of those good ole Catholic rituals in the all too progressive Silicon Valley set. Of course I tried to get my son baptised but after a couple attempts at contacting the church in PA where I grew up, I gave up. I could do it in Menlo Park but...I dunno, I'm still not feeling connected yet. My husband (who since I married him has become much more of a lunatic atheist, not because of the marriage mind you) said that if God wanted to see me, He wouldn't have let the build break. Spoken like someone who thinks God works in not-so-mysterious ways.

I digress. My local build has been down for most of the week. I've been in so many meetings that I don't make any progress on my bug list and I'm supposed be done on Friday (um later today). And guess what! Tonight I am up late because the same breakage on Saturday has now manifested on another code line and though it is not my fault I still feel like I should fix it. I think I'm a glutton for punishment.

I get to find out the gender of my baby today. That's one bright ray of sunshine.

And my son now says "choo-choo" and "waffle" and gives me kisses through his crib rails. Oh he's so sweet! That's a lot of sunshine!

I guess no matter how bad work is, my home life is so great that I can't really feel down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home