Thoughts from a Coding Mommy

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Rough Starts are Non-Starters

I want to blog more than I do. But each time I try to access this site, I have to reset my password. *sigh* I'm sure there are good reasons for this but really, if I have to do it again, I'm going to fine a different place to host my lame-ass blog.

Yes, I am lame...Lame....Lame

I don't know a mom who doesn't feel this way 20 times a day.

I've been soul searching...Well, my technical soul that is. I don't know what software I want to write. I've actually thought of writing an iPhone game in some desperate attempt to reconnect with my love of writing code. The problem is that I don't have a MAC or an iPhone. So that idea might be lamer than usual for me.

I sent out an email to a company that seemed interesting to me. I also ran into a former coworker in the parking lot of the market. Cosmically, I think I'm radiating the "I'm available" vibes. I don't know if I'm supposed to listen to the signs or if I'm creating these ripples.

Right now the most satisfying thing I'm doing at work is coaching. I'm coaching my peers, my manager, people in general. I think I'm doing a lot of this kind of work because we lost a director that I truly loved working for. And in his wake, I'm trying to fill in the pieces. But I am no manager and nor do I ever want to be one. I don't really have the stomach for it. I'd rather write code. Yes, I like helping people but I'd rather write a clever feature or an elegant algorithm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home